learned new techniques for dealing with conflict.
Great investment of
One stakeholder says Zig. The other says Zag. No compromise in sight, but the project deadline looms closer on the horizon. The rock
and the hard place—welcome to the world of managing people and projects! If it wasn’t for people, our jobs would be much easier,
or so it seems at times!
We have worked with tens of thousands of people from hundreds of
companies, helping them deliver their projects, become more confident
leaders, take focused action, and to achieve the results they desire
while maintaining a balanced life. We have found you don’t have to like
conflict but your ability to successfully & consistently deliver
results can depend on how confidently you navigate conflict.
A CEO of a consulting firm was concerned that his leadership team and
consultants were too often just giving in when confronted by
clients. The result was project scope creep and reduced margins. After
having their employees take a conflict mode assessment and seeing the
consolidated results, they learned practical strategies to more
confidently and effectively deal with conflict situations without
sacrificing client relationships.
found the methodologies and systemic approach really interesting for
dealing conflict. The two dimensional model of conflict handling
behavior was new to me. I was able to relate myself with the five
conflict handling modes. I thoroughly enjoyed your workshop!
By the end of this workshop, the participant will be able to:
- Describe more accurately what conflict is
- Name the five conflict handling modes
- Describe situations where each conflict handling mode applies
- Identify skills that are important to develop to effectively use
each conflict handling mode
- Plan how to negotiate a conflict situation using the "DISARM"
- Identify the difference between positional and personal power,
and how they relate to managing conflict
- Describe pitfalls that can occur during conflict situations, and
strategies to deal with them
- Explain what collateral conflict is and how to deal with it
- Qualify for 3 additional contact hours for project managers
pursuing their Project Management Institute (PMI®) Project Management Professional (PMP®)
certification or continuing education.
- Qualify for .3 CEU's (click
here to learn more about how our CEU process works).
By the Numbers
- 3 contact hours (1.5 hours online, 1.5 hours of exercises)
- 48 page Participant Guide
- 2 Quizzes
- 4 Exercises
"PMI and PMP" are trademarks, service marks or certification
marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc., which is registered in the
United States and other nations.