just finished a risk assessment exercise for an upcoming enhancement. This
e-learning really helped me pull this together. I'm going to share the process
with our team tomorrow, and am scheduled to do this with a larger project soon.
Thanks again for this e-learning!
Becky, CF Industries
Risks are a fact of life for anyone managing projects and people. How
do you know which risks to focus on? What are the best ways to manage
the risks? How can you help your team go from worrying about
risks to doing something about them?
"How can I deliver in spite of the risks?"
The Project Management Institute (PMI®) provides much insight into
how teams can learn to manage risks. This session is based on our
popular keynote and workshop content on risk management. We help you
take risk management from the academic to the completely practical that
can be implemented in any organizational culture.
By the end of this workshop, the participant will be able to:
- Describe why denial of risk is lethal to project success.
- Identify the definition of risk and explain how it can be either
positive or negative.
- Name the six steps to risk management outlined in the PMBOK®
- Describe three techniques to facilitate risk identification.
- Perform a qualitative risk analysis exercise for a project.
- Identify the four risk response planning strategies.
- Qualify for 2 additional PDU's for project managers
pursuing their Project Management Institute (PMI®) Project Management Professional (PMP®)
certification or continuing education.
- Qualify for .2 CEU's (click
here to learn more about how our CEU process works).
"PMI and PMP" are trademarks, service marks or certification
marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc., which is registered in the
United States and other nations.